Homecoming Playlist

Aaron Rosenthal, Written Content Editor

Intro by Swipey

It feels necessary to kick the dance-off with a song by one of our area’s lost rap legends. This DC rap anthem knocks and its name makes it an obvious choice to get things started.

Knockout by Yung Gravy

Simply put, this song slaps. The combination of catchy chorus, booming bass, and Gravy’s smooth rhymes will get the crowd moving.

Pull Up Hop Out by WillThaRapper

This song by last year’s homecoming performer goes. When students hear his ad-libs, they’ll hop onto their feet and pull up to the dance floor.

Party on Fifth Ave. by Mac Miller

Any playlist would feel incomplete without a tribute to the recently passed Mac Miller. The old school beat coupled with saxophone riffs will keep spirits high around the atrium.

No Hands by Waka Flocka Flame (ft. Wale, Roscoe Dash)

This choice requires little explanation. While criminally overplayed, the fast-paced banger never fails to get a mosh pit started.

Slow Jamz by Twista (ft. Kanye West, Jamie Foxx)

This song will offer a nice change of pace for any lovebirds out there. While the lyrics aren’t exactly romantic, the singing voices of Kanye and Jamie Foxx will surely get some students slow-jamming.

Timber by Pitbull (ft. Ke$ha)

This is easily the best song of the last decade. Enough said.

Look Alive by Blocboy JB (ft. Drake)

You’d be lying if you said that you didn’t want to hear some Drake or see people “shooting” at the dance. Two birds, one stone.

Wasabi by Yung Gleesh

Do I understand any of the lyrics? No, but the song still bumps. Oh, and Gleesh went to Wilson.

(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life by Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes

This was the last song that played at all 1,000 bar mitzvahs I went to in middle school. It’s the only way a dance should end.