Please help us cover our annual operations cost!

What’s in and out this spring?

Adler Amolsch

The groundhog has spoken; early spring is on the horizon and with it comes the 2024 spring fashion forecasts. At last, it’s finally time to switch out our frumpy winter wardrobe and welcome all things spring. This season, students can expect an expansion of vintage, a dive into extreme sizes, and fresh flowy cuts. 

Micro-mini: Coined for being microminiature in size, hyper-short skirts, tops, and dresses will dominate our warmer apparel this season. Hemmed to a short fit, the style will perfectly suit spring humidity. The cuts of these tiny fabrics resemble a boxy silhouette using looser more retro 60’s material, creating a funky and yet flowery vibe. 

Macro-baggy: In opposition to micro-mini, ultra-baggy looks have maintained their status as a timeless style. Baggy low-waisted jorts, oversized shirts, layered midi skirts, chunky Timberlands, and relaxed hoodies will continue their presence through spring (especially as the airy, Adam Sandler-like fit ensures a ventilated feel). Resembling the era of 90s/2000s fashion, the look remains nostalgic yet still fresh.

Vintage Prep: The ascent of Golden Gooses, Stanley Cups, and Lululemon is not the kind of “preppy” I’m referring to, but rather the comeback of the quintessential American polo shirts and sailor dress codes. Classic senior brands including J-Crew, Abercrombie and Fitch, Ralph Lauren, and Gap are working their way into more classic and dressy looks. For footwear, chunky riding boots, Sperry’s, boat shoes, sandals, and Birkenstocks are soon to come. On a similar note, clothes will consist of polo tees, airy minimalistic styles, navy detailing, white sheer low-hanging capris, etc. Not only is this loose yet classy style on-brand for the hot season, but continues to create a timeless nautical look. 

Sambas: It’s hard to argue that Sambas are not the ‘It’ shoe of 2024. The Samba OG and its black-and-white variations have heavily populated, but this spring it’s time to phase out the trendy shoe and look at some renewed resorts while still staying on brand. Spezials, Gazelles, and Samba Recons are funky and bright Adidas alternatives that will add an extra spring pop the OG Samba lacks. From bright pink to cheetah print, consider adding these fresh pumps to your sneaker spring collection. 

Business Casual: Short suits, ballet flats, blazers, and French-infused everything, are last on our list for spring trends. Similar to the rise in preppy looks, this spring style maintains a classy, mature feel, while also keeping the chicness of the French aesthetic. Looks under this Parisian wardrobe include short bobs clipped with barrettes and pins, polished red flats, shorts with suits, form-fitting denim, black and white stripes, and Mary Jane’s. 

Embracing the arrival of spring means embracing a revamped shoe, extreme silhouettes, playful hair, and throwbacks in fashion. With a blend of nostalgia and innovation, spring 2024 promises creative and elevated looks.