Di Rosa twins capture D1 Men’s Soccer championship

Alex Cirino, Sports Editor

Entering the NCAA Tournament, the University of Maryland Men’s Soccer team were ranked the 11th seed and were not seen as the potential favorites to make it all the way. However, after eliminating some of the best teams in the country, including Duke, Kentucky, and Indiana, the Terps won their fourth championship ever on December 9.

Maryland is known for producing top-notch talent year after year attracting the very best high school soccer players to its program. Amongst their talented roster is sophomores and Wilson alumni, Ben and Matt Di Rosa.

Ben Di Rosa was a consistent starter, especially in the tournament games. He was a major part of a Terps defense that allowed no goals throughout the whole tournament. Matt appeared in four of the five tournament games, making his biggest impact in the semi-finals against Indiana with the game-winning goal in the 36 minute.

“It felt amazing to score in the National semi-final, mostly because of how close I am with my teammates and how much I knew we all desperately wanted to play in the national championship, and that goal put us in a great position to do that,” Matt said.

“Winning the national championship has always been one of my athletic goals and something I’ve dreamed about for a long time now. To be a part of something like that made me feel like the work that I’ve put in has paid off.” Matt added. With very high hopes for next season, the Di Rosa twins will continue to work hard to win the tournament once again.