Please help us cover our annual operations cost!

100 word rants: Break, class sizes, tatte

Break

Uncontroversial take: I miss winter break. I miss not having school. I miss having no additional work being assigned. I miss having an excuse to stay inside for a week. What do I not miss? Crowded hallways. Long lines to get off campus. Climbing the stairs from the first floor to the fourth floor (or climbing any stairs for that matter).  Now with school back in session, I am once again subjected to stress and exhaustion. I sincerely believe we need at least two weeks for winter break. While we’re at it, we should bring back February Break too.

Class sizes

I don’t understand the inconsistent amount of people in my classes. Why does one class have 30 people while another only has 10?! How does that even make sense? Not to mention how I have the same people in my classes when I don’t have a singular class with any of my friends! We need balance. Whoever is making the schedules should think about the contrast of people from one class to another. Please consider adjusting the size of a class for next year.

Tatte

It’s Sunday morning. I want to feel my millennial Hill-tern fantasy and go to brunch. An idea comes to mind: Tatte. Gleaming tiles, overpriced pastries, open-faced toasts piled with toppings. I arrive. It is loud. It is chaotic. It is crowded. Conversation echoes off of the tiles, creating an unbearable cacophony. I get my food–it is doing TOO MUCH. Why does my French Toast have pickled radishes? Why can’t I pick up my toast without losing half of my ingredients? I leave, disappointed. I wanted a simple brunch, and I left overwhelmed and dissatisfied. But the pastries were worth it.