Five fall foods to get you back into school

While no one needs the reminder, it bears repeating: fall is just around the corner! The crisp cool air brings with it a new wardrobe focus, beautiful scenery, and most importantly, food. 

Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Starting off, we have the gourd that will forever rule fall: pumpkin. While pumpkin pie might get old fast, these bite-size treats will satisfy your cravings the entire season. Plus, cream cheese frosting is hands down the best addition to any dessert. 

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

You have to trust me on this one. It’s warm, it’s creamy, and it contains all the important nutrients and vitamins. Pro tip: serve with a side of homemade biscuits. 

Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread

These pull-apart biscuit bites kill all the birds with one stone, with their gooey, buttery dough topped with apples and a cinnamon brown sugar glaze. Yes, they’re a bit sticky and messy, but that’s all part of the appeal. 

Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Lime Dip

While many consider the sweet potato fry an inferior substitute for the real ones, I beg to differ. These fries are delicious to eat alone, but their flavor makes them even more tasty to pair with an array of sauces. This chipotle lime dip is tangy and spicy, pairing perfectly with the hearty and sweet flavor of the sweet potato. Bonus: sweet potatoes give you your fill of vitamin A. 

Any Pie

To start, we have apple pie, which will yield the best results if spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Or pecan pie, for those with an extreme sweet tooth. Next, walnut-cranberry pie, to get you excited for Thanksgiving. And yes, there are endless amounts of variations that can be done with pumpkin pie that never fail to usher in the fall vibe. 

This list is just a glimpse of what can be done with the fall pallet, and I hope it can serve as a starting point in your journey to a delicious season.

1
View Comments (1)