100 word rants: Couples, halloweekend, schedule changes

Speed up!

Our school is overcrowded, this is a known fact. With this information understood by everyone in the building, why am I still staring at a couple having a thirty second long hug at the top of the stairs? This literally causes everyone else on the staircase to  come to a complete stop. Not only is it extremely hard to watch, it’s selfish, and some of us would like to be on time for English. I know it’s just so hard to be away from the love of your life for a whole eighty minutes, but Oh My God, get out of my way.

Halloweekend

I’m not sure if whoever plans school events is aware of the coined term “Halloweekend.” This burst of fun is a blessing to the school year, serving as an excuse to wear not one, but two or three different costumes and take advantage of Halloween fun. Homecoming is quite literally, the opposite. Homecoming represents school spirit and Powderpuff and Twin Tuesday and an atrium packed with students (even freshmen). I’m sure you could see why those two things do not go together. So why oh why are they forced to this year? Let’s use up the other empty weekends in October for homecoming and leave Halloweekend alone.

Schedule Changes

Every year upon receiving their official schedules, students flock to their respective counselor’s  office, hoping to change their courses. The school makes this process sound easy enough: just walk into your counselor’s office and curate your schedule from the available options, simple as that! However, just trying to locate your counselor can feel like an extreme sport, and if you do manage to find them and wait behind the 40 students who managed to find them before you, you still may not be able to change anything at all. I understand that there are only so many classes, and only a few GOOD classes to go around, but please Jackson Reed, if you can hear me, come up with a better way for us to fix our schedules.