Football team captures first win against Ballou

Nico Anaganostopolous, Contributor

The Jackson-Reed tiger’s got their first win over Ballou High School on, Friday, October 7th, the final score being 20-19. The team got their first win this season after starting Robert Dockery Jr at Quarter Back. Now you might be familiar with the name because he is one of our star Boys Varsity Basketball players. He also was on the All- DCIAA 1st team for basketball last season. 

During the Ballou game Dockery threw for over 240 yards and threw for one touchdown and ran a touchdown. This win hopefully is a turning point in the tigers season, after this win the following week they beat eastern HS in an exciting game during Homecoming. Dockery said “It felt good to win because it was my 1st time starting in A HS game. His mentality going into the game was to win at all costs.

The tigers are now 2-5 which clinches a playoff spot for the DCIAA playoffs a and bright beginning ahead for a hopeful playoff run. Minoso Rogers the head coach for the team is optimistic about the future. As of now the football team has clinched 4th place in the DCIAA playoffs. Coach Rogers said that their goal coming into the season was go make the playoffs in #3 or higher seed. Which is highly achievable. Coach Rogers is working hard in creating a strong brotherhood throughout the team.