$255
$700

OJ Simpson released from prison

O.J. Simpson, the infamous former football star, was freed on parole September 30th after nine years in Nevada state prison. Simpson was indicted for armed robbery and put into the Lovelock Correctional Center in northern Nevada.

Exactly 13 years after his acquittal in 1995 in Los Angeles, Simpson was convicted for armed robbery: On September 16, 2007 Simpson and five other men went into the Palace Station casino, with two men carrying handguns. Simpson claimed he was only trying to retrieve personal items from two sports memorabilia stores.

Simpson was released at 12:08 AM; as the Lovelock Correctional Center did not want any media attention so the decision could be made seamlessly.

O.J. Simpson is considered one of the best running backs of all time, creating his professional legacy with the Buffalo Bills, after a splendid career at USC, where he won the heisman in 1968.

Simpson had lived in Florida before his term in jail, but the state attorney general said that Simpson was “not welcome” back in Florida during his parole.

O.J. Simpson was found civilly liable for the killings of Ronald Goldman, and ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson. He currently owes $65 million to survivors, which include his children and Goldman’s family, according to a Goldman family lawyer.

PHOTO COURTESY OF WIKIMEDIA COMMONS