$255
$700

Cross Country Team Competes in Orlando Meet

BY OWEN ISAACS, CONTRIBUTOR

Two weeks ago, the Wilson boys and girls cross country team went to the Disney Cross Country Classic held in Orlando, Florida. This is an annual event that is by invitation and allows runners to test their abilities at the beginning of their season. Head girls cross country coach Desmond Dunham states “we gained a lot of experience through competing at a meet of this magnitude.”  Wilson saw several runners do well, specifically Mayim Lehrich and Drew Glick. Drew, one of Wilson’s best male runners, was neck and neck with an opponent on the final leg of a race and ended up finishing 3rd out of 326 other participants. Mayim also had a very impressive showing finishing 2nd out of 269 runners. When asked if she thought this was one of her better races running for Wilson, Mayim stated “yeah for sure, I dropped 23 seconds and the varsity girls did well overall.” Moving ahead this season, Coach Dunham is confident that his team will improve and will continue to compete at a high level. When asked about the effect of this meet on the team’s mentality, Coach Dunham states “it definitely adds to our confidence level and it should definitely make us a more experienced team…we’re off to a great start this season, the times don’t lie.”

PHOTO BY JACQUELINE BELIVEAU