Creative Spotlight

James Davis

James Davis, 11

Davis was inspired to create on days that are calm, peaceful, and (most importantly) spent with his dog. “Whenever I create pieces of sprawling landscapes or grand waterfalls or cliffs, I wish to be the being I draw within the piece who gets to spend their day truly at peace,” Davis explained.

Dandelion Risch

Dandelion Risch, 12

Risch is inspired by their experience with undiagnosed autism, masking emotions, and feeling like an outsider. Their art is also inspired by their love of fish; “I’m a big fish fan so I paint and draw a lot of fish,” Risch said.

Morgan Hardwick

Morgan Hardwick, 11

“My art helps me not only express myself but emotions I’m feeling too.” says Hardwick. For the drawing above, she was inspired by a recent trip to the Italian American Museum; “All of the art works really helped get the creative juices flowing.”

Cherry Sworobuk

Cherry Sworobuk, 10

Sworobuk wanted to draw elements of themselves in the piece Spider Sona, such as “cherries, short spiky hair, and a cute retro outfit”. Although making this piece a year and a half ago, the piece still embodies Sworbuk, even with longer hair now.