$185
$700

Navigating the Target Winter Wonderland

Kira Mitcher

As you walk through the doors of 4500 Wisconsin, you are immediately overwhelmed by a display of holiday cheer. You look to your right and are met with the store’s iconic mascot popping out of a gift-wrapped box. To your left, you see boxes of candy wrapped in bright bursts of red ribbon. What is this winter wonderland you may ask? Target. 

Walking through the store, the holiday spirit is infectious. Iconic Christmas songs spiral overhead as you walk amongst the plush snowmen and fairy lights. The green and white color scheme winds its way throughout each aisle as you walk further into the store. 

The first thing that hits you are the candles. Love the smell of a pine tree forest? Want to feel like you are in the kitchen baking an apple pie at all hours of the week? Luckily for you, Target has your back.

Moving on, there are countless figurines for those of you who rush to decorate your room as soon as the calendar turns to December. My personal favorites are the plush little gnomes with long, fluffy beards holding ski poles, transporting me right to the North Pole.

And that’s not even where it ends. Once you turn a corner, there is an entire section devoted to dogs! Your canine buddies have the option to dress as Santa Claus, a Christmas tree, or even an elf. It was heartwarming to see how Target understands that people’s four legged friends deserve to take part in the holiday cheer.

Also if you’re Jewish, don’t even fret, because Target has an entire shelf and a half devoted to Hanukkah! Plush menorahs and fluffy blue and white blankets line the bottom shelf for as far as the eye can see. Sadly, your Jewish canine will have no costume options this season.

The holiday cheer was infectious throughout my journey at Target, and everywhere I turned, I was bombarded with winter vibes. If you’re a Christmas enthusiast, make sure to pop by the store before the season ends. And if you celebrate any other December holiday, you can always ask Santa to display your holiday traditions for next year.