$220
$700

Top five holiday gag gifts

Whether it be with a sports team, class, or friends—Secret Santa and White Elephant are commonplace during the holiday season. While fun, it can be difficult to decide what to get for these holiday games. What better way to save some money and elicit laughs from your peers than with a gag gift? Here are five ridiculous holiday gag gifts to consider giving out to all your loved ones this season.

Extra-strength deodorant

Get in your friend’s head about their levels of stinkiness, or use it to truly send a message to the smelliest person you know. JR’s hallways are so often filled with the putrid odor of BO, and sometimes stinky people just need to be given a nudge toward good personal hygiene. This gift is a great way to do so.

Custom face socks

With face socks, the possibilities are endless. These can be found in many places across the internet for surprisingly cheap. Give your friend socks with celebrities, a teacher, or even ones with their own face on them. Get creative!

A cheese candle

An interestingly shaped candle won’t fail to start a conversation and puzzle any lucky winner of this funky gift(bonus points if it’s cheese scented too). For an array of wildly unique candles, and a variety of price points, Etsy is the place to go. There are many hyper realistic cheese candles, along with other foods like cereal, croissants, coffee and many more to choose from. 

Samuel Lee

A lump of coal

Follow through on the classic saying that used to terrify many of us as little kids. This is a great gift for someone you don’t actually like, and works especially well if you’re on a budget as you could easily use any rock you find as “coal”. 

Fish flip flops

You may have seen some form of them on social media at some point, but these fish look-a-like flip flops won’t fail to bring out a laugh from your gift exchange crowd. With the image of the owner’s feet emerging from a fish’s mouth, these flops have a shock factor that can’t be beat. You can also challenge your friend to fully commit to the bit and show up to school in a pair! 

Samuel Lee

Gag gifts are a super fun and interesting approach to gift exchanges. The more absurd, the better! Lean in to the ridiculousness, and shock your friends. Plus, sometimes a stupid gift is exactly what is needed to make gift exchange gatherings laughable and fun. So with these ideas in mind, hopefully you can make people laugh with one of these hilariously terrible gift ideas. Happy gifting!