$255
$700

Unblocked games: blessing to students, curse to teachers

We’re sure you’re all familiar with the feeling of sitting in class while your teacher pulls up a 50 slide PowerPoint and you know you’re in it for the long haul. Your eyelids are drooping and you need something, anything, to help keep you awake and escape the clutches of boredom. A game on your computer is the natural solution. However, when you open a new tab and you stare at the cursor, your mind is blank. What to play? There is no need to fear, as we have compiled a rank of the best games to play in class. 

1. New York Times Games: After lots of deliberation we agreed that our number one spot should go to the New York Times. Who doesn’t love competing with friends to get the fastest time on the Mini? Or if you’re like us and are terrible at the crossword, nothing feels better than completing one on any day of the week but Monday.
  2. Papa’s games: A very popular pick when we surveyed our fellow students, the many variations of Papa’s, from Pizzeria to Freezeria, it’s hard to beat the joy that comes from ignoring a teacher while achieving a perfectly cooked pizza and a large tip. 
  3. Solitaire: The eternal computer game, solitaire is a great choice to make if you’re trying with all your might to escape the clutches of sleep in class. Whether you play on hard mode like a master, or easy mode, the game is a classic for a reason. 
  4. 2048: With so many variations to choose from, from plain old numbers to puppies to Taylor Swift album covers, 2048 is the perfect mindless game to get you through a boring history lecture.
  5. Chess: It feels like in every class we walk into there’s at least one student engrossed in a thrilling game of chess. This game exercises all the right areas of your mind, improving mental strategies, problem-solving, and memory. It can be played against the computer but if by chance you have another chess-obsessed classmate in your vicinity it’s great with a partner as well.
  6. Tetris: Though Tetris is not a common choice for most student gamers it is the perfect way to pay attention, but still stay engaged, a multitasker’s paradise! Tetris is a retro game that can challenge you while still giving you a satisfied feeling after finishing a row. 
  7. Google’s Snake: Snake is a classic game, beloved by students of all ages. It’s simple yet incredibly customizable to fit your specifications. Even though it has been known to get repetitive, we assure you snake will be a hyperfixation for at least a couple weeks.
  8. FireBoy and WaterGirl: If you’re next to a friend also experiencing mind-numbing boredom, the classic and nostalgic Fire Boy and Water Girl can’t be beat in the category of partner games.
  9. Slope: This is a bit of a deep cut, but still a solid choice for an in-class game session. This fell low on the list for the sole reason of its difficulty. Slope is not a beginner-friendly game, and it takes at least three incredibly dull history classes to get the hang of it, but it can be very fun. 
  10. Sporcle’s Countries of the World: Sitting at the bottom of the list, yet still deserving of recognition is the Countries of the World quiz. It can only be played every so often, as it’s practically cheating to do it twice in a row, but occasionally it’ll pop into your head and you’ll feel inspired to hit a new PR. Though this might just seem like a game for the geography girlies, we assure you everyone is capable of feeling the delight that comes from remembering an irrelevant country.
  11. Special Shoutout: We’d also like to put a spotlight on the academic weapons who channel their boredom into reading a book in class. We want to be you so bad but for now we’ll just stick to our games!