Bollinger fashion review: a collection

While history teacher Michelle Bollinger may not see herself as a fashion icon, students and staff can’t help but notice the chicness of her minimalistic style.

Bollinger is unique in the fact that she finds most of her style inspiration from textiles and materials. She explained that she enjoys going to various art museums with her sister-in-law where they admire various fabrics. 

When it comes to shopping, however, Bollinger prioritizes sustainability. “[I] definitely try to find stuff that’s a little more eco friendly.” By shopping sustainable brands, Bollinger naturally developed a minimalistic look influenced by natural earthy tones. Although she explained that “here and there [I] like to break a pattern.”

Bollinger said that she enjoys playing with unisex pieces. “I don’t love restrictive gender categories and structures. So labels and companies that kind of veer into a gender neutral look, I’m curious about those.” 

With a minimalist style comes important basics. Bollinger explained that her closet staples include a comfortable cardigan, cotton t-shirt, and high-waisted wide-leg pants. 

And the best aspect of Bollinger’s style is that she is comfortable. “I enjoy most [the looks that] are comfortable, flowy, breathable, and then kind of simple.”