$220
$700

Aaron feeds his Seoul

Aaron feeds his Seoul

As I took the first bite of my taco, I felt my Seoul instantly become rejuvenated. The grub from Tenleytown’s new Korean comfort food spot–Seoul Spice–works wonders. Hopefully it will be able to solidify its spot on Wisconsin Avenue for many years.

When I entered the restaurant, the “Seoul Train” taco stood out to me right away. The combination of beef, kimchi, and creamy sriracha looked too good to pass up, so I ordered three. I watched eagerly as my tacos got put together. After a mere two minutes of waiting, I handed the cashier nine bucks, wiped the drool off my chin, and sat down with my food.

Like I said, the first bite blew me away. Although the beef was slightly overcooked, the vinegar of the kimchi complemented the sweetness of the corn perfectly. The spiciness of the Sriracha added a kick that you just can’t have good Korean barbeque without.

The flavors I experienced at Seoul Spice easily get a 10 out of 10 rating. The hospitality gets a perfect score from me as well. I was greeted with a large smile and had excellent small talk with the servers as they constructed my tacos.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of Seoul Spice’s food. However, the biggest surprise from my trip to the restaurant was that it was nearly empty on a Saturday night! The tacos were too good for this not to change soon.

If you’re looking for tasty, affordable Korean food, I recommend heading over to Seoul Spice before the lines begin to stretch halfway down the block.

PHOTO BY ADIN McGURK