$985
$1500

Preview of Summer Fashion

As the temperature rises, so do my expectations for new outfits. Coming out of winter, I am desperate to pull out all my cute clothes and finally put together outfits that don’t look like I just rolled out of bed. But as I prepare for these boiling months, I’ve gone back to the drawing board, and here’s what I expect to see.   

Flowy skirts: These come both long and short and are a summer closet staple. Having a long white skirt to pair with a tiny top is truly one of life’s greatest joys. A skirt is the perfect way to dress up without looking like you’ve tried too hard; a middle ground between formal and casual. This classic piece makes both the perfect summer fit and the perfect Instagram post.  

Colorful sneakers: These are making a comeback for sure this summer. This past year or so, we’ve seen everyone and their mothers buy  Adidas, Reeboks, Pumas, or their random Instagram-advertised dupes in every imaginable color.  But I’m not complaining because these pair perfectly with your classic jean shorts and give you the quintessential colorful summer look.  

Jorts: This is a controversial one, at least to some. Now, I am a fan of jorts as long as they aren’t long enough to pass for capris. Jorts are the perfect thing to throw on top of a bikini, or just for a casual fit when you don’t want to feel suffocated by your tightest clothes. It definitely takes a special person to pull them off, but when done right it’s a flawless look.  

Heavy accessorizing: I am hoping and praying that everyone can hop on board with this one because there is nothing more perfect than a simple sundress or basic white tee and jean short combo dressed up with some jaw-dropping accessories. I’m talking chunky necklaces with large charms, the most gorgeous earrings, or the ugliest belt you can find at the thrift store. Accessories make or break the outfit and summer is the perfect time to show it off with no heavy fabrics in the way to hide their magnificence.  

We spend all year in our most boring and dull outfits to survive the tedious school days, but as the year comes to a close, so do our dull outfits! Hopefully I’ve given some inspiration and awakened your well-rested summer style and I can’t wait to see the halls colorful, fun, and ready for the sun!