$985
$1500

100 word rants: Rain, Trader Joe’s, end of school

I hate rain

April showers bring May flowers, but it’s May and it’s still raining. All I want to do is hang out in Tenleytown, but no, I have to plan around the weather. I want to wake up and not have to worry about bringing a sweatshirt to school just because it MIGHT rain. I am DONE letting the weather control me. Next time it rains, I’m going to make plans, not bring a sweatshirt, and wear my Converse which are not waterproof. I may get soaking wet but at least I’m gonna prove the weather doesn’t control me. Take that rain!!

Trader Joe’s

My friends from Canada paid me a quick visit, and the #1 attraction they begged to see was the famous Trader Joe’s. It got me thinking about just HOW good Trader Joe’s is. Scandinavian Swimmers obviously outrank Swedish Fish, and I’d pick up Chili & Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips over Takis any day. Not to mention their INSANE little spicy miso ramen cups which can supplement any meal. Next time you take a visit, don’t hesitate to try their Orange Peach Mango juice. It’s the yummiest thing I’ve ever ingested. I just can’t get behind the peanut butter cups as a peanut butter hater, but not to stir the pot… #sorrynotsorry. 

Why?

If the last day assignments are due is June 11th, why is the last day of school the 17th? What are we possibly supposed to do in class after everything is turned in: twiddle our thumbs and pretend to enjoy the random movie our teacher is playing because they have nothing else to do? Isn’t the whole purpose of school to do assignments? DCPS has dragged school on for long enough, and staff and students are itching for summer. I will be saying my farewell to Jackson Reed on the 11th, and it’s safe to say a majority of students will be too.