$985
$1500

CAPE testing is misunderstood

Molly Troy

While for freshmen it can be a struggle, the rest of us get mornings off and more time to study for AP tests. It’s the only two weeks in the school year where you can show up at 12:30 PM and miss absolutely nothing. No makeup work or unexcused absences, just 3.5 hours of extra free time in your day.

Although some people hate CAPE for taking place during the AP season, we’re here to say that this is optimal timing. Finding time to study is nearly impossible, but with two weeks of only half-days, your entire morning is free. Just the right amount of time to review your quizlet and do 2 practice FRQs to get that 5.

Even for freshmen, CAPE has its benefits, and we’re not just talking about the post-testing snacks they hand out. You spend the morning testing, but then most teachers take a step back in the afternoon, letting you relax. Plus, in between CAPE and afternoon classes, you get the whole building to yourself since no one else is coming in for lunch. That means unlimited access to lunchtime activities and the ability to sit wherever you want in the school, instead of a little corner in the hallway.

In a time where so many people are burnt out, CAPE offers a nice change in routine. Though it is testing, the everyday pressures of a full school day disappear for a golden two weeks.