$985
$1500

JR Survival Guide

Dear underclassmen,

As AP season comes to a close and summer is finally here, we have some thoughts. As two juniors who have seen it all, we’re here to help you uncover the do’s and don’ts of Jackson-Reed.

1. Do required classes early.

Do it!! Take gym, health, and art as early as you possibly can. Trust us, there is nothing more humbling than being a junior in PE. Take it early, hone your badminton skills, and don’t look back.

2. Printmaking is a must.

After a long day of school, entering the art wing and taking out your anger on a print is the best form of stress relief. Nothing is more satisfying than creating your masterpiece while hanging out with your friends. It’s peaceful, fun, and the vibes are always good.

3. Uncover your school spirit.

Go to sports games, dress with the theme, and show your tiger pride. If sports aren’t your thing, find something that is! Whether that’s theater, photography, or the Beacon (!!!!), make sure to try something new. 

4. Chill out. 

The farther you get in highschool, the harder it can be. You will have work, be forced to think about college, and sometimes school will feel like a little too much. But find ways to have fun! Go out with friends, laugh a little, and try not to take everything too seriously. We promise you’ll make it. 

With that, have a great summer and when August dutifully rolls around, try to have some excitement for the year ahead. You’re only in high school once! You got this. 

Sincerely, 

Two juniors who can’t wait for a break and are hyped for senior year