Movie Review: “All Of Those Voices”

Nicole Dickinson, Written Content Editor

“All of Those Voices” is a self-produced documentary that explores Louis Tomlinson’s journey of navigating his music career and personal life in an authentic and vulnerable way. As a huge fan of Tomlinson, a 31 year old British singer-songwriter and former band member of One Direction, going to see the movie was a meaningful chance to catch a glimpse of the life behind this talented and successful artist. 

The documentary opens with clips of One Direction, such as videos of the band on tour as well as some behind-the-scenes,  and Tomlinson describes how miserable some parts of the band were, yet showed his acceptance and gratitude of the time spent on 1D (One Direction). Tomlinson then details the process of going from being part of a group and being able to rely on others in professional and emotional aspects to being on his own.  

Shifting to his personal life, the documentary makes it evident that Tomlinson has a special connection with everyone he comes into contact with. He articulates the loss of his mom and acknowledges this in a sophisticated yet organic tone. Tomlinson’s grandparents and sisters are also included, although the most heart-warming family segments are the moments with his son, Freddie. “All of Those Voices” also shows Tomlinson’s bubbly personality, and his closeness with his supporting band establishes that he is so unlike the untouchable celebrities of today. Furthermore, the inclusion of interviews with fans not only display their dedication to the singer, but also how much mutual respect and affection there is between Tomlinson and his fans.

Most importantly, however, “All of Those Voices” underscores Tomlinson’s highly successful solo career. The documentary mentions his Guinness World Record for most tickets sold for a live-streamed concert by a male solo artist. It also talks about his World Tour in 2022 of his debut album Walls, and Tomlinson shares his excitement for his upcoming tour for his sophomore album, “Faith In The Future.”

All in all, this documentary was definitely moving: I don’t think I have ever laughed harder, yet I also cried a lot. Mostly, my appreciation for Tomlinson has grown so much stronger, and he continues to be engaging and inspiring, which is why “All of Those Voices” deserves a 10/10. Even if you aren’t a fan of One Direction or Tomlinson, if you want to gain an appreciation for Tomlinson, or are simply a fan of music, don’t miss out on “All of Those Voices.”